7/27/2009

Memories

First time I heard my brother "Rap" it was to this song. Sometimes, I miss him. Most the time I miss my childhood. Various reasons of course, but this song always takes me back. Not to mention makes me cry each time I hear it. Which is why I don't listen often.
It fits.

"I shead tears with my baby sister
Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama"

"A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
There's no way I can pay you back
But the plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated"

"But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're tryin to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated"

"I wish I could take the pain away
If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day
Everything will be alright if ya hold on
It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on"

God, what a brilliant song.

"Pour out some liquor and I reminisce, cause through the drama
I can always depend on my mama"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definately a tear jerker!