4/24/2009

Writing out of boredom

Everytime I read a book I have this urge to write. I finish the book and have a few moments of "Wonderful!" or "Dreadful." or "Blech at that ending." and it's never the same with books as it is for movies, but reading a book takes so much more time.

After my moment of book review to myself, I sit or lay wondering why I haven't bothered to write one. Perhaps it's because I can't put myself out there. I think it's more to do with the fact that a giant "Ah ha!" Idea has yet to hit me, and the ones that do never quite make it further than the first few paragraphs.

Short stories have always been easier for me, because somewhere along the pages of a long story I lose interest. And if I, the writer, can't remain interested then who else is going to? I wouldn't ask anyone to read something even I couldn't finish.

It's been a while since I've written anything fictional. But to fill that absence I have blogged more here, which is a bonus for you. I promise. I want to be creative, I want to write. I want someone to read what I write and have a moment of contemplation, and then perhaps I in turn can inspire them.


No comments: