3/10/2009

Lent: What will you sacrifce for a chocolate bunny this year?

This year I am giving up my vanity. I no longer care what people think of me and my appearances. I will dress, do my makeup (If at all) and hair how I please.

And in a moment of insomnia driven inspiration, I reached for the camera.

And out of the pictures I took, no makeup, little sleep and tons of caffine, I can finally say that I look amazing. Prettier than I've thought I've looked in quite some time.
Granted, at 3 o'clock in the morning I don't feel like smiling much. I do feel like writing. When nothing else has bored me to the point where my body gives up and sleeps.

Which is fine, because now I have some awesome new pictures of me that I would have never taken if I had been asleep. (Although if I had, when I woke up, boy howdy I would have been confused and mildly scared.)

So horrah for a lack of vanity. And discovering that underneath everything society holds so dear, and is so quick to judge someone with, is nothing more than crap.

For I am beautiful. Even at 3am when I can't sleep and really should be doing so.

3 comments:

an oak tree said...

You are a beautiful girl, Jen!

Jen said...

Aw. Thank you Sarah.

I gave up Vanity for Lent, and realized hours later that I had gained a massive Ego.

Felt kinda guilty till I saw the pictures again. heh.

Libërty said...

I LOVE these types of days and discoveries!!!

=) You are pretty by the way, so huzzah for you!! ;)

=)