1/07/2009

Coffee, Tampons and humiliation: Oh my!

I have decided, I need a new coffee maker. I need one I can program- so that when I wake up there is coffee. I have also decided that I need one where I can take the pot out and pour myself a cup and not hear the angry sizzle of the coffee that has been left to fall to the bottom of the thing, burning up instantly and becoming nothing more than "what I would have drank."

And I have found it.


So yea, there is my coffee problem, solved. Now to discuss tampons. I am not knocked up. Aren't we all happy? Thrilled to pieces?! Meeee too. Not that I thought I was, but monthly I'm just going to inform all of you that there is no little me expected in 9 months or so. Deal? Good.

And now, for humiliation. I have been reading this gossip blog for months now, maybe even a year. I'm not really sure to be honest. But what I do know is after reading that blog for a while, I started this one.. and a few others, but this is the one I stuck with. Sasha, the woman who writes EB, has her own blog and she intimidates the hell out of me. She writes in ways I only DREAM of writing. Witty, thoughtful, making it seem like she puts no effort into it. Needless to say, she's extremely talented and I envy her greatly. (Plus she has an adorable dog named Leo!)

Well the EB is hiring and going against everything I normally do, I submitted an aplication with a link to here and some of my Creative writing peices. Normally I'd say something like "Oh, it was a waste of time." or "I'll never be picked!" because I have no faith in myself or anything I do, but this time I'm just going to tell you all that I am terrified. I dont want to not be picked, but I don't want to be picked.

What would I do if suddenly everyone in the world started reading this blog? I know it's a public and anyone can stumble upon it, but I know how unlikly that is and maybe thats one of the reasons I enjoy it so much? Because hardly anyone reads?

I don't know. I'm rambling... but hey! Coffees done! See you kids later.

1 comment:

Wendie Tobin said...

Good for you! Good luck!