12/22/2009

Merry Fucking Christmas

As some of you may know, I have family who has never bothered to contact me in 23 years despite knowing where I am. This is all because, *GASP*, my brother is black.

Well I was invited to christmas Eve dinner, and only agreed to go to spend time with my dad. I tried to get my brother an invite, and it didn't happen. So my dad and I arranged a Dinner tomorrow night for the Boyds.

I'm not going to Rockford to see my family. I don't want to go, I don't want to meet even more people who never gave a shit about us. I don't want to sit there talking to them when I know the moment I move I wont hear from them again. I can't and I wont.

I know my brother is Black, I'm aware we're only related by our mother. But does that make him any less of a family member? No. Is it fair that they neglected to invite him? No.
So I'm standing up for us, it's either both or neither. I'm not going to be divided by race yet again, and I'm not going to let you people live out your damn racist views. He's my brother, and my Father's son. Either fucking except it or do what you did for the last 23 years, forget I exist.

No comments: